A recent trip to Charleston, South Carolina found my wife, Pamela, and I on the receiving end of Southern hospitality. How can I describe the Southern hospitality that we received?
- Good food of which we had plenty
- Friendship expressed in kindness which we experienced in rich fullness
- Fun filled with laughter
Our friends in Charleston shared more with us than Southern hospitality. They shared Christian hospitality - quite a different spirit all together. In addition to the food, friendship and laughter our four days together were also filled with:
- Rich times of prayer
- Conversations about Jesus
- Worship at their church and,
- A precious time with friends from a small Bible study group.
Reflecting on this wonderful time of refreshment and rest in Charleston, I thought of the early church,
They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. (Acts 2:42 NIV)
Pamela and I want our home to reflect "Acts 2:42 hospitality", a home filled not only with food and laughter but also with Jesus. Will you join us at the table?