Life is hard.
In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world. John 16:33
Scripture tells us that even in the midst of difficulty we are to give thanks. Expressing my gratitude in times of adversity does not come easily. I am tripped up by:
- my self-pity – why me?
- my near-sightedness – my inability to see beyond what I am experiencing in the present.
- my persecution complex – wallowing in the bad stuff.
Can I give thanks to God motivated by my full trust in His words that he has overcome the world – even when it doesn’t feel that way in the moment? It requires a new perspective.
- Life is not about me; it is about Him.
- Small blessings are found in the midst of difficulty and yield a thankful heart.
- I can trust that God understands and will provide all that I truly need.
Changing perspective comes as I surrender myself and my circumstances to Jesus, making thanksgiving truly possible.
Join me this week in choosing a different perspective.
Sharing the journey with you,